What We Offer
The Directors and Editors Guild of New Zealand represents Directors and Editors in the New Zealand screen industry. This includes Directors and Editors of feature drama and documentary; television drama, documentary and factual programmes; short films; video art; animation; commercials and web content.
- We are dedicated to promoting excellence in the arts of directing and editing.
- We foster collegiality and unity within the screen industry.
- We promote members’ creative and economic rights.
- We work to improve industry working conditions and remuneration.
- We offer professional advice and information on contracts and industry standards and practice.
- We offer professional development events, networking opportunities, career advice, dispute resolution, mentoring, workshops, training, discounts and regular news bulletins for members across all levels of expertise, from novices to seasoned professionals.
- We are a voice for Directors and Editors in influencing policy in the interest of our members. We do this through our membership of the pan‐industry group SINZ (Screen Industry New Zealand), and by making submissions to government and public officials.
- Internationally we work co-operatively with other guilds and we belong to IEASDO (International Affiliation of English‐Speaking Directors’ Organisations).