Call for Applications for DEGNZ Drama Director Attachment on Screentime’s Telefeature BOMBSHELL: THE SINKING OF THE RAINBOW WARRIOR
6 August 2015
DEGNZ invites applications for a Drama Director Attachment on production company Screentime NZ’s telefeature Bombshell: The Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior, for TV ONE’s Sunday Theatre.
Bombshell tells the story of the Rainbow Warrior bombing. The script is written by John Banas (Siege, Safe House, Underbelly NZ) and will be directed by Riccardo Pellizzeri (Underbelly NZ, Neighbours, Blue Heelers).
This paid attachment is expected to start in October for a maximum of 12 weeks, which may include small stand periods to allow for breaks in the schedule, with the aim of the Attachment getting to experience pre-production, production and post production on a major drama production.
Payment will be determined by negotiation with the production company and the level of experience of the applicant. An opportunity exists for the Attachment to direct a scene in the production, but this is entirely at the discretion of Screentime and its producer(s) and director—it is not guaranteed.
The aim of the attachment is to:
- develop and upskill new television drama directors and
- contribute to the ongoing production of quality future television drama and
- provide another training pathway to the limited opportunities currently available.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Full membership of DEGNZ, and
- Have a keen interest in television drama, and
- 2 short film credits publicly screened to a paying audience at a NZFC accredited short film festival*, OR
- Have held a position as the first assistant director of a publicly distributed and released feature film or TV drama series OR
- Have won an award for a short film at an NZFC accredited film festival* OR
- Have proven dramatic narrative experience in a screen medium
*The NZFC list of accredited short film festivals here.
To apply, please download the application form cover sheet from the DEGNZ website here, and submit the following in electronic form ONLY (Word file or PDF) by 9AM Monday 24 August 2015 to email@example.com with BOMBSHELL in the Subject line:
- Completed Application Form Cover Sheet with your FULL DEGNZ Membership No., including links to your publicly screened works
- A full CV & Filmography
- A reference (from a senior screen industry practitioner)
- A proposal of a maximum of 1-page outlining why you want to do the attachment.
A shortlist will be developed from applicants. An interview may or may not be required.
We will notify you as to whether or not your application has been successful, but NO FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION and the decision will be final.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
This initiative has been made possible with the support of NZ On Air and Screentime NZ Ltd.