The Directors & Editors Guild of NZ invite applications from editors with a minimum of 5 years editing experience for eight places on a drama editing workshop with two of New Zealand’s top drama editors, Michael Horton and Jonathan Woodford Robinson.
This will be a very special drama editing workshop with Michael (Second Hand Wedding, Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers, Once Were Warriors, Goodbye Pork Pie) and Jonno (What We Do In The Shadows, Rage, The Last Ocean, Hope and Wire), separately and together, accounting for the editing of a significant volume of New Zealand’s iconic and quality drama and documentary.
The workshop will include:
- A look at both traditional and contemporary approaches to cutting drama, examining the pluses and minuses of each.
- The changes that have occurred from film to digital, and the efficiencies and techniques afforded with today’s digital equipment that editors can use.
- Methodologies of working
- Working processes employed by different directors during editing, and how to make them work for you, the director and the project
- Cutting/recutting of scenes/footage and review
This is a fantastic opportunity for editors to learn from one of New Zealand’s most highly regarded senior drama editors AND one of its rising stars.
The workshop will be held across two full days on the Saturday and Sunday of 22 and 23 October at The NZ Film and Television School in Wellington. Lunch will be provided each full day.
The selection panel will comprise highly experienced drama and documentary editors Annie Collins and Peter Roberts with input from Michael and Jonno. The selection will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All applicants must have a working knowledge of AVID edit systems. If successful, please bring your own settings.
What: Drama Editing Workshop with Michael Horton and Jonathan Woodford Robinson
When: Saturday and Sunday, 24 & 25 October 2015
Where: NZ Film & Television School, 86 Vivian Street Wellington
Cost: DEGNZ members free, non-members $100.
To apply, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Drama_Editing_Workshop in the subject line your application in ONE pdf, to include:
- links to samples of your work
- a maximum one-page letter stating why you should be selected.
Deadline: 9AM Monday 5 October 2015
Notification: By 5PM Friday 9 October 2015